Hat Yai, What? people always get dumbfounded whenever they heard about this place. Had Yai (หาดใหญ่ ) or Hat Yai belongs to Songkhla, Southern province of Thailand. It's the business center capital of the province and 4th most densely populated in Thailand. The city is known as haven for travelers who cross by land between Malaysia and Thailand. It's close proximity to the border makes it as an ideal to sojourn for a night or two.
Often times people pop this question "What I'm gonna do in Hat Yai?" Well let us share of what are 10 things to do in Hatyai.
1. Visit 3rd Largest Reclining Buddha in Thailand, Wat Hat Yai Nai, locally known as Phra Phuttha Mongkhon.
2. Go up Hill and awe-inspired with these two enormous Buddhist structures, Standing and Laughing Buddha at Hatyai Municipal Park.
3. Overload with cheapo dimsums in Steamy Hot/Cold Hatyai style. (More mouthwatering photos here)
4. Get ready your crisp Thai Baht to bargain and shop till you drop at Hatyai's liveliest ASEAN night market.
5. Stroll along outside Lee Gardens Mall and prepare y'all 20 baht bills for 20ish street food galore, except for that ginormous fresh water prawns.
6. See Hatyai and Songkhla on different perspective via Cable Car ride at Hatyai Municipal Park.
7. Meet the appealing vendors of Khlong Hae floating Market. Please Take Note : They love to take your 20 baht bills in exchange for an awesome snacks or refreshments.
8. If you love trains and old locomotives, Haadyai Train Station is a perfect place to look for those vintage.
9. Have an unforgettable ride on the largest mammal on land at Chang Puak Camp
10. Of course, an amazing experience in Thailand would not be complete, if one will not try an Authentic Thai Massage.
Well, there are so many things other than these 10 list that you can do in Hatyai. So much to explore and discover!
Sky and Summer